On Dec 27, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Cheung Zihong wrote:

Thank you  for your reply.

I didn't know what adjust methods can apply to log-rank tests.Or the kind of tests are just not relevant? SAS seems to use sidak method to do pairwise log-rank tests. which one is sidak method in p.adjust methods?
p.adjust.methods
# c("holm", "hochberg", "hommel", "bonferroni", "BH", "BY",
#   "fdr", "none")
Multiple comparisons adjustments have their own "rules of engagement" and they do not generally come from the test-statistic used but rather from the design and goals of the study. Since "SAS" is not a sentient being, much less a statistical consultant, appealing to SAS's "choices" for statistical consultation would seem unwise. Instead, since you are feeling unprepared for this task, you should describe to your consulting statistician how your data was c=gathered and what your goals were.