Hi Yihui,
The "a's" case happens when, for example, one prints some long equation
function without using spaces in it.  It happened to me in something I
wrote which I will write now while including spaces if I had known it would
solve the issue, but I have yet to have found one (for Sweave, that is :)  )

BTW - I will play with knitr as some point, but I am still looking for
solution within my current toolset.

Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845
www.r-statistics.com (English)