Hi,

I am extremely new to R, and was wondering if someone would be able to help me
with a question regarding the expand.grid function. When I input

expand.grid.rep <- function(x, n=1) do.call(expand.grid, rep(list(x),n))
expand.grid.rep(c("a", "b", "c"), 3)

my output is as follows,

Var1 Var2 Var3
1     a    a    a
2     b    a    a
3     c    a    a
4     a    b    a
5     b    b    a
6     c    b    a
7     a    c    a
8     b    c    a
9     c    c    a
10    a    a    b
11    b    a    b
12    c    a    b
13    a    b    b
14    b    b    b
15    c    b    b
16    a    c    b
17    b    c    b
18    c    c    b
19    a    a    c
20    b    a    c
21    c    a    c
22    a    b    c
23    b    b    c
24    c    b    c
25    a    c    c
26    b    c    c
27    c    c    c

I was wondering if there was anyway I can change the row numbers to labels that
indicate what is in each row. Instead of a 1, I'd like to have a label saying
"aaa", etc. I'm not sure if this is even possible within the expand.grid
function but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.