1. This is a statistical question. Please do not post further to this list.
It is about R, and you have summarily dismissed all attempts to answer your
R questions as unhelpful. So you need to look elsewhere.

2. Consult a statistician -- you use the statistical words, but do not
understand what they mean. There often is NO single model that both
maximizes likelihood and minimizes AIC (depending on the models one fits).

-- Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics

Internal Contact Info: