Dear Greg Snow,
thank you very much for your suggestions. However, I need an example in
order to understand fully.
I was told that, given the ordinal factor, I do not need to specify the
contr.poly function because R does it automatically.
However, I don not know if I have to add an argument into the manova/anova
function or something else.
Please write me an illustrative example.
Many thanks.

Best regards,
Gian Mauro Manzoni