Hi,

Is there a function I can use on my dataframe to give me a concise summary of
variables that are NA,blank,etc? Basically all Null values, Empty strings,
white space, blank values. Ideally it would look something like the below:

# it should only includes the fields with NAs, blanks, etc. Added bonus would
be to include column Index.
#Valid Records = records that are not NA, blank,etc
#ColIndex - what place is column in the original dataframe...1,2,3, ...xth

                Valid Records     Null (NA?)           Empty String      White
Space       Blank Value        ColIndex
Var1                       52           8

       2
Var2                       40           20
     10                           10                                           3
Var3                       58
        2
       20
..

I now there is summary() but I am not sure if that always displays NAs and
blanks especially with factor variables that have several levels (lumps them in
'Other' when I run the entire dataframe). In these instances I can run the
individual field separately and see all levels but that would be inefficient to
do for a dataframe with over 50 variables.

Dan