Hi Sarah,

Maybe I expressed myself wrong, but so far, I don't have the species; I'm
just wanting to generate simulated data. For example, creating an
unbalanced (and random) number of species per group, and then run the
for-loops

for example:
Group1: 3 species
Group2: 5 species
Group3: 8 species

then, I want to create an array "p" to be able to fill the following loop

for (g in 1:groups){
           for (i in 1:species[g]){
               p[i] <- rnorm(1, mu.p[g], tau.p[g])
     }#species
}

Andrea

--
---
Lic. Andrea Paula Goijman

PhD Candidate
Georgia Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
D.B. Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602 USA
Tel. +706.206.4805
andre...@uga.edu