On 13-01-14 12:18 PM, Yi Yuan wrote:
Hi, guys, my problem is solved.
I used file.info(list.files(getwd(),full.names=TRUE)) and found out that
the said file is listed as "kim.jpg" instead of "kim.jpeg". So
kim<-readJPEG("kim.jpg") worked. Thanks for your help and sorry for my
newbie question.

Another recommendation I make for all Windows users is to change the Explorer options to display full filenames. That would have prevented this error. (This is an option in Windows, not in R.)

I've never understood why Microsoft thinks it is good to display incomplete filenames. This practice causes so many problems.

Duncan Murdoch