In the case of muitivariate, from the documentation it looks like I can
compare more than two signals at a time.
Each column of the input matix seem to accommodate a signal.
The problem is that my signals do NOT have the same number of samples
(length).
They were all collected at 30Hz so the sampling time interval is roughly
0.033[s].
Some signals have about 5000 samples and other ones have more than 8000.
The R routine "spectrum" expect the multivariate to be a matrix ...
Any idea how to overcome such an obstacle ?
Padding with zeros would alter (I think) the phenomen being studied that is
breathing patterns.
Is there a way to feed the "spectrum" function with the signal spectrum
(power density) instead of the time domain signal ?
Since the sampling interval is equal for all the signal, so is the Nyquist
frequency. I can easily get the power spectrum
defined over the domain [0, Nyquist-frequency]  which does not have the
problem of different lengths ... ???

Thank you so much.

Maura

--