Hi all,

I am having trouble loading a ff object previously saved in a different
computer. I have both files .ffData and .RData, and the first of them is
13Mb large from which I know the data is therein. But when I try to ffload
it,

checkdir error:  cannot create /home/_myUser_
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process
home/_myUser_/Rtempdir/ff1a831d500b8d.ff.

and some warnings.  In the original computer, this temporary file is
deleted each time I exit R, and my expectation is that data is actually
stored in the .ffData and .RData that I have here. But maybe I don't realy
understand the underpinnings of ff. In thois computer, my username is
different, so user "xyz" does not exist. I tried changing the option
"Rtempdir" but no luck.

In addition, when I open the .ffData file to see what is inside, there is
only a path to the ff1a831... temporary file. As information about ff
package in internet is rather scarce, could anyome please help me to
understand this, and possibly recover my data if it is possible?

Thank you!

Djordje