i *SOLVED*

Thanks Milan, I have receivd some feedback externally to the list and
managed to solve the issue.

I saved the document as follows:

x.Arr <- ff(NA, dim=rep(ngen,3), vmode="double")
ffsave (x.Arr, file="x.Arr")
finalizer(x.Arr) <- "delete"

The problem was related to the rootpath argument. As the one in one
computer does not exist in the other, the solution was to set it when
ffloading, so:

ffload(file="/path/to/saved/x.Arr", rootpath =
"/path/on/your/other/computer/where/to/extract/x.Arr")

Cheers,

Djordje