Dear List:

I had some strange experience in importing data.  I wonder if anyone of you
had the same problem before and would greatly appreciate your suggestion in
advance.

The original data set in excel format.

Here is a brief summary of the procedure I did:
1. I saved the original excel data as csv and txt formats, separately.
2. I imported two data using the following codes.  There were no error
messages.
dftxt = read.table('df.txt',header=T, sep='\t')
dfcsv = read.csv('df.csv',header=T, sep=',')
3. When I checked data with 'str', I found that factor levels of a variable
were different each other.
Levels of dftxt were less than those of dfcsv (48 vs 52).
4. So, I checked 'df.txt' file and found that the missing levels were still
there, i.e., there is a no problem in text file.  I suspect that something
happened when I imported it into R.

Since there was no errors in importing the file into R, I do not have an
idea where to start to fix it.  Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance,

SH