On 13-09-17 9:01 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13-09-17 8:15 AM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
Le lundi 16 septembre 2013 à 20:04 +0400, Maxim Linchits a écrit :
Here is that old post:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/read-csv-and-FileEncoding-in-Windows-version-of-R-2-13-0-td3567177.html

A taste: "Again, the issue is that opening this UTF-8 encoded file
under R 2.13.0 yields an error, but opening it under R 2.12.2 works
without any issues. (...)"
I have tried with R 2.12.2 both 32 and 64 bit on Windows Server 2008
with the French (CP1252) locale, and I still experience an error with
the test case I provided in previous messages. So it does not sound like
it is the same issue.

I can reproduce the error with a file sent to me by Maxim.  From a quick
look, I suspect that changes will be needed to read.table to handle
this, and they'll be large enough that they won't make it into 3.0.2,
but hopefully will go into R-patched after the release.

This took a lot longer than expected, but some changes are now in R-devel (as of r64831). Files that can't be displayed in the local encoding are not necessarily displayed well, but they should be stored properly. Please let me know of any problems.

I think the display issues can be improved, not sure about solved.

Duncan Murdoch