On 04/07/2014 11:07 AM, Kristi Glover wrote:
Hi R users,
I was trying to plot with  a fixed y with many independet variables. I tried
this loop but it did not work. any suggestions? I wanted to make 9 plots. This
is a just an example data.

dat1<- as.data.frame(matrix(sample(1:20,100,replace=TRUE),ncol=10))
lapply(seq_len(ncol(dat1)),function(i)
{
par(mfrow=c(3,3)),
plot(dat1[,1],dat1[,i+1],
z[,i]<-lm(dat1[,1]~dat1[,i+1]),
abline(z),
summary(z[,i])
}
  here first column is dependent variable and other V2 to V10s are independent
variables. Also wanted look the summary (linear model) with each variable.
Thanks for your suggestions
KG

Hi Kristi,
You can get your plots like this:

for(i in 2:10) {
 plot(dat1[,1],dat1[,i],ylab=paste("dat1[,",i,"]",sep=""))
 z<-lm(dat1[,1]~dat1[,i])
 abline(z)
 print(summary(z))
}

This prints the summaries on the console. If you want to get a listing with plots and summaries together, there are a number of ways, one of which is the htmlize function in the prettyR package. Save the following to a file named kg.R:

#title~Example listing with htmlize
z[[1]]<-NULL
png("kg.png",width=600,height=600)
par(mfrow=c(3,3))
for(i in 2:10) {
 plot(dat1[,1],dat1[,i],ylab=paste("dat1[,",i,"]",sep=""))
 z[[i]]<-lm(dat1[,1]~dat1[,i])
 abline(z[[i]])
}
dev.off()