@Uwe I tried the same steps from office as well as home network with same
results. Are you using windows 7 with R 3.0.3?

I have seen same question being asked by others without any resolution. Is
anything special about XML package? I am OK use older version of package
but in archives there are no zip files (only gz files). Is windows platform
not recommended for R?

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Uwe Ligges <lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de

--
Thanks and Regards