I keep on trying from various networks but I still get the same error. I
don't this this has anything to do with network or ability to download the
package (as I can install other packages fine). This must be something in
base R or dependencies issues (that R is not spelling out).

I know R is geared for Mac and Windows is kind of looked down upon but I
have no option but use windows and need this XML package running to
complete my education. Any help on this would be appreciated.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Alpesh Pandya <alpeshpan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you for response Rui.
>
> I still get the same error with this repository.
>
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/APandya/Documents/R/win-library/3.0’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> trying URL '
> http://cran.dcc.fc.up.pt/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/XML_3.98-1.1.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 4288136 bytes (4.1 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 4.1 Mb
>
> Error in read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type"))
> :
>   cannot open the connection
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
>   downloaded length 4276224 != reported length 4288136
> 2: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) : error 1 in extracting from zip file
> 3: In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) :
>   cannot open compressed file 'XML/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
> file or directory'
>

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Rui Barradas <ruipbarra...@sapo.pt>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have package XML installed on Windows 7, R 3.0.3 and I had no problem
>> at all. Can't you try (it worked with me)
>>
>> install.packages("XML", repos = "http://cran.dcc.fc.up.pt";)
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Rui Barradas
>>
>> Em 14-04-2014 16:24, Alpesh Pandya escreveu:
>>
>>  I have tried these sources (almost all US mirrors):
>>>
>>> http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/XML_3.98-1.1.zip
>>> http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/XML_3.98-1.1.zip
>>> http://streaming.stat.iastate.edu/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/
>>> 3.0/XML_3.98-1.1.zip