On 09.08.2014 17:40, James Holland wrote:
Thank you all, I didn't know about the install_github function.

Sorry, forgot to switch to plain text

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ista Zahn <istaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you just want to install the package from github, the easy way is to
first install the devtools package and use the install_github function.

Reason why your former approach did not work:
This is a source package, you need to install source packages via

install.packages(..., type="source")

or from the command line via

R CMD INSTALL package_version.tar.gz

See the R Installation and Administration manual for details.
To build a proper .tar.gz file, do use

R CMD build directory_name

from the command line.

Best,