Answering your questions is a "trouble thing" also. You are asked to solve
those problems that already have easy fixes on your own, first, to make
reproducing your problem on our end less mysterious. The Posting Guide is
intended to help you to help us identify your problem... please use it. It may
help you understand if you remember: we are not here to solve your problem...
we are here to help you solve your own problem. The more possible problems you
can rule out without the hassle of us guessing wrong, the sooner you will be
able to move on.

There are workarounds that you can find by searching on the internet to
simplify carrying forward your library of contributed packages quite easily.
Also, for the purposes of asking for help you can install multiple versions of
R and run your (small!) example in the latest version with a minimum of
packages if only to prepare your question for the list. Having two versions may
be "trouble" to you, but having dozens of versions on hand so we can reliably
answer your particular question among all the other questions out there is just
not feasible.
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing