On 6/19/2008 11:01 AM, Patrick Ayscue wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to extract output objects from a stats test without viewing
the entire output?  I am trying to do so in the following:

define a vector of length j

for( i in 1: length (vector)) {
vector[i] = cor.test (datavector1, datavector2[i], method=("spearman"))
}

I would like the reported Spearman's rho to be saved in a vector.  I have
tried a few different ways of doing this but seem unable to figure out how
to get only that output without looking at each report and copying by hand.

See the Value section of the ?cor.test man page. It says that the result is a list containing (among other things) the components

statistic: the value of the test statistic.

estimate: the estimated measure of association, with name '"cor"',
          '"tau"', or '"rho"' corresponding to the method employed.

I think "estimate" is what you want, which you can get as

cor.test (datavector1, datavector2[i], method=("spearman"))$estimate

This is a numeric vector with one element named "rho", in the example on the ?cor.test page.

Duncan Murdoch

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick