I am sorry that I know I should provide a dataset that allows to replicate my
problem.

It is a research dataset and quite large, so I can not share.

Both Bert and Tim guessed my problem correctly.  I also thought about the
conflicting issue between different packages and function masking.
I just hope to that someone has similar experience, so providing me suggestion.

For conflicting issue,

What I tried  was to add dplyr::pivot_longer or tidyr:: pivot_longer, but still
not resolved the problem.

I will restart from the first line my code, it will work again and then I will
track down.

Thank you,

Ding