The gap I see is in the database engine monitoring.

MySQL has discontinued development of Workbench. Percona Monitoring and Management seems nice, but not as integrated in IDE as I would prefer.

A Positron tool proposed by the vendor is positioned as a data science tool. The ability to know if any R work is killing the DB by overloading it is still a missing piece of the IDE picture without running multiple code monitoring sections in watch windows.

*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/
Business & Technology
+1 (865) 804-3454