Yikes!

This list is for help on R *programming*, not statistics per se,
although these do sometimes intersect. However, your query strikes me
as a request for a kind of statistical tutorial, which is OT here.
Just so you are aware...

R has a special interest group (SIG) for phylgenetics at
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-phylo  . I think this
would be a better place for you to post, as relevant expertise should
be found there. However, I do not know how active that list is, so
maybe not. Good luck.

Cheers,
Bert