On 19/09/2008, at 5:01 PM, Wensui Liu wrote:

Dear Listers,

I've been a big fan of R since graduate school. After working in the
industry for years, I haven't had many opportunities to use R and am mainly
using SAS.

        My most extreme sympathies and condolences!

However, I am still forcing myself really hard to stay close to R

        You have to *force* yourself???

by reading R-help and books and writing R code by myself for fun. But by and by, I start realizing I have hard time to keep up with R and am afraid that
I would totally forget how to program in R.

I really like it and am very unwilling to give it up. Is there any idea how I might keep touch with R without using it in work on daily basis? I really
appreciate it.

To me, using R is like riding a bicycle.  Once you learn, you never
forget!

Actually that comparison is inappropriate in my case; such are my
bicycling skills that I am much more likely to forget how to ride a
bicycle than I am to forget how to use R.

Of course one forgets *details*.  But those are just details.  And
help.search() + RSiteSearch() will almost always recover those details
for you.  If they don't, just ask R-help(), perhaps after putting on
your asbestos suit.

        cheers,

                Rolf Turner