Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:
I agree! The best way to learn (and remember for longer) is to teach someone else about it.

And there is not reason not to repeat some of the anlysis done on SAS with R. That way you can verify your outputs or compare the presentations. If you consistently find differences in the outputs, then trying to figure out the reason may lead you to better understand the methods (e.g. different optimization or estimation procedures).

My take on this:

I have repeatedly found that it is surprisingly easy to improve on existing (non-R) implementations
of statistical and non-statistical computation, when working  in R.

Something about the structure of the language, something about the package mechanism, something about R-help, something about R-core, something about open-source, something about JSS or R-news, whatever it is, there is SOMETHING ABOUT R which lends itself to straightforward production of quality software. And that something is missing from other
programming languages, IMO.

rksh

Regards, Adai