I would like to use a map or aerial photo as a background to plotting
solid lines and text, and semi-transparent color contours, in base and
lattice graphics.  Plot coordinates need to be consistent with the
georeferenced background.  For example, a color contour plot would have
an gray-toned aerial photograph as a background for overprinted
semi-transparent color contours of some spatially dependent variable.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks,
Scott Waichler
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]