On 10/14/2008 2:39 PM, Michael Just wrote:
Erik, Roger, others:

Why I use excel: the ability to concatenate and 'drag' formulas. I use it
because it is what I know. Apparently, excel is frowned upon, what should I
be using? I don't know how else to create many very similar lines of R code.

I think you're solving the wrong problem. It's unlikely that you really need a 19000 line R script, especially if it's a script that Excel could create: it's likely that a loop in R would be much more compact and easier to read.

Duncan Murdoch