Michael Just wrote:
Hello,
I write most of my R code in excel and then paste it into R. I am wondering
if there is a limit to how much I can paste? I want to paste about 19,000
lines of code should this work? I am doing this because when I did it chunks
it took about an hour and half. I thought if I could insert it all and leave
it for that long that would be better time management. I am still waiting
for 19,000 paste to process. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

For windows I use the Tinn-R text editor that integrates nicely with R. For linux I use Kate (standard KDE text editor). 19000 lines of code, pfieuw, that is a lot of code....you could export the lines to a text file and load them into R using source().

cheers,
Paul

--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra