this is also the sort of thing that EpiData does very well.  That's what
it was designed for:  data entry with minimal errors.  Also simplifies
double data entry for error checking, if you need/want that.

--Chris
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
40 Arch Street, Johnson City, NY  13790
cryanatbinghamtondotedu