Dear all,

I am trying to execute the simple example in snowfall
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/snowfall/vignettes/snowfall.pdf ...

require(snow)
require(snowfall)
sfInit( parallel=TRUE, cpus=2 )
sfLapply( 1:10, exp )
sfStop()

I have installed the snow and snowfall packages in R on a machine with
windows xp, however, after running the "sfInit( parallel=TRUE, cpus=2 )"
line I get an error ...

Error in system("whoami", intern = TRUE, ignore.stderr = TRUE) :
  whoami not found
Error in paste(sep = "_", "XXXXXXXXR", uname, format(Sys.time(),
  object "uname" not found

I am the only (administrator) user of the computer. It has a dual core
processor, and is not networked.

I would be greatful if someone could tell me how to proceed.

Kind regards

Chibisi