Dear Mr. Ripley,

snowfall 1.7 is finished, and is now working on Windows as intended - sorry for my oversight of that error. The given example now runs (as a sidenote: snow does not have to loaded explicitely, snowfall will do that).

Also the NWS startup is fixed now (thanks to M. Schmidtberger for a small patch) and an error in sfSapply is fixed.

Otherwise minor things were corrected or added.

I uploaded the package to CRAN yesterday and beside it is downloadable from our site http://www.imbi.uni-freiburg.de/parallel

Greetings, Jochen Knaus