Greetings R-Helpers:

I am trying to help a Chinese colleague who is experiencing difficulty
R2.8.1.

As you can see from his screen-copy (below), my package is successfully
unpacked but cannot be loaded because splines balks when attempted to be
loaded.  Package mh1823 requires package survival, which in turn requires
splines.

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'mh1823' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) :
  invalid multibyte character in parser at line 33
錯誤: unable to load R code in package 'mh1823'

Any suggestions are welcome.  Thank you.

Charles Annis, P.E.

 <mailto:charles.an...@statisticalengineering.com>
charles.an...@statisticalengineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699