for an " inefficient " language , it sure has dominated the predictive
analytics world for 3 plus decades.
I referred once to intellectual jealousy between newton and liebnitz.

i am going ahead and creating the R package called "Anne".

It basically is meant only for SAS users who want to learn R ,
without upsetting the schedule of the corporate users.

Simply put , it is a wrapper on SAS language using the function command...ie
procunivariate function in "Anne" package would call the summary function
and so on...

Regards,

Ajay

www.decisionstats.com