Thanks for pointing this out, i did check the available packages
before dwelling on this but i was focussed on the first part of the
problem (spectrum to xyz).

The available convertColor() function is especially welcome that it
was the most inefficient part of the code I produced yesterday. When
I've cleaned up the spectrum_to_xyz() function, I'll ask the
maintainers of colorspace if they want to include it.

Many thanks,

baptiste

On 16 Mar 2009, at 07:42, Thomas Lumley wrote:

> The XYZ to RGB conversion is already in convertColor(), and also in
> the colorspace package.
>
>       -thomas
>

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, baptiste auguie wrote:
>
>> I've put together a rough R port of that C code [*] in a package on
>> r-forge:
>>
>> http://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/spectral/?root=photonics
>>
>> http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=160 ( package spectral,
>> will be built
>> overnight )
>>

>> There is a lot of optimization and cleaning to do: it seems much
>> slower than it
>> should be, and the documentation is empty at the moment, but it
>> reproduces the
>> result for the black body radiation.
>
> Thomas Lumley                 Assoc. Professor, Biostatistics
> tlum...@u.washington.edu      University of Washington, Seattle

Baptiste AuguiƩ

School of Physics
University of Exeter