Daryl Morris wrote:
Thanks for the various responses.

It was easier than I thought to get all the tools together and setup Windows paths for the build process. I've been successful now on Windows.

BUT... how do I make a package which DOES NOT require R CMD INSTALL to install? Obviously, it should not be required for everyone to have Perl on their Windows box to install a package.

Well, you can build a binary bundle for Windows (as it happens on CRAN), then just you (but not your users) need the tools installed.

Best,
Uwe

When I tried to install the .tar.gz file from the GUI, I got the same errors as I did when I used the version I had built on my Apple.
Error in gzfile(file,"r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In unzip(zipname, exdir=dest) :error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: In gzfile(file,"r"):
cannot open compressed file 'multgeneriskpredperf_1.0.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such file or directory'

Thanks, Daryl

Uwe Ligges wrote:

You need to INSTALL a source package (that has been build) as on any other platform. How to colect the tools in order to make R CMD INSTALL work under Windows (and other OSs) is described in the R Installation and Administration manual.

Best,
Uwe Ligges