Hi!

I'm manipulating XLSX data using RODBC, however a limitation which appears
to be driver based is that you can't clear or drop sheets from the XLSX
files, as per the following example:

> library(RODBC)
> xlsx<-odbcDriverConnect("DRIVER=Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx,
*.xlsm, *.xlsb);DBQ=c:\\documents and settings\\desktop\\testxlsx.xlsx;
ReadOnly=False")
> sqlClear(xlsx,"newsheet2",errors=TRUE)
[1] "[RODBC] ERROR: Could not
SQLExecDirect"

[2] "HY000?Þêÿÿ\003 -5410 [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Deleting data in a
linked table is not supported by this ISAM."
> sqlClear(xlsx,"newsheet2",errors=TRUE)
[1] "[RODBC] ERROR: Could not
SQLExecDirect"

[2] "HY000?Þêÿÿ\003 -5410 [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Deleting data in a
linked table is not supported by this ISAM."

I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of a work around for this beyond
converting the sheets to CSV files.  For context, I'm trying to update data
on about 20 spreadsheets as a daily event, pulling data from MySql,
formatting it, then overwriting the existing data on the spreadsheets.  This
is the last piece of the puzzle.  Until the next puzzle.

Thanks!
Dan