On 01/30/2010 10:29 AM, Jose Narillos de Santos wrote:
Hi Jim,
Last question.
I´m using a spanish version (there are some documents on how
constructing good plots and I have found them althought not very
intuitive...) I will read them in a next days.
Only if you know the way.
Imagine I have made a plot like plot(x,y)
and I use labels (on each cross point appears a name) but they appear on
the dot ¿Do you know some way to show the label below the dot? there is
some way to indicate the program try to not to overlap labels (if they
are very near?)
Hi Jose,
In fact, I can point you to the thigmophobe.labels function in the plotrix package, which attempts to avoid collisions between labels in just that manner.

Jim