I do not understand this.

I have the same problem and I tried to reproduce it thusly

Q <- 3
test <- function(q=Q){
  cat(q, "\n")
}

> test()
3

Q <- 3
test <- function(q=Q){
  test2(q, "\n")
}

test2 <- function(q, a){
  cat(q, a)
}
> test()
3

Q <- 3
test <- function(q=Q){
  z <- paste(q, "\n")
  test2(z, cat)
}

test2 <- function(q, F){
  F(q)
}
> test()
3

Surly these should have the same problem?

I really do not understand the following explanation, but the get("..",
envir=environment("ThisFunc")) works nicely, but I do not know why.

I thought if I could write a toy programme to reproduce it...

cheers
Worik

"One of the most important things to know about the evaluation of