Good afternoon everybody,

I am sorry, this question might look trivial to some of you, but I read
quite a lot of stuff about package creation and I would like a bit of you
advices.

I would like to develop a core library which I will be using both from R and
from C#.

I read that it was possible to import DLL to R.

The thing is, I am not sure that the DLL created with C# will be compatible.
I still have not implemented anything, so if it is only a matter of method
signatures, I can make sure everything fits.

Otherwise, I could use a C++ DLL, but I don't know if it is really
recommended. (In fact, I would love to be able to develop it in Visual
Studio because it is where I developed the rest of my platform).

So, what would you advise?

- Writing the DLL freely in C# and then create a wrapper?
- Writing it in C++
- Writing it in C, the other options are really not good ideas.

Thanks,

--
Jeremie Smaga