Two possible problems:

(a) If you're working with a normal likelihood---and it seems that you
are---the exponent should be squared.  As in:
... + (1/(2*stdev*stdev))*sum(  ( y-(rev/12)-lag(y)*exp(-lap/12) )^2  )

(b) lag may not be working like you think it should.  Consider this silly
example:
y<-c(1,2,3,5,34,2,3,5,2)
lag(y)-y
lag(ts(y))-ts(y)