Henrik-

A coding solutions may be

... + (1/(2*stdev*stdev))*sum(  ( y-(rev/12)- c(0,y[-n]) *exp(-lap/12) )^2
 )

where n is the number of observations in y.

Personally, I would use lm.  Your model can be written as a linear function.

Let x=c(0,y[-n]).  Then run  lm(y~x).  The parameter estimates in y~x
correspond to the parameters in your model (with some very minor
arithmetic).

The lm() approach is quick and easy.  If, however, your goal is to gain
experience with MLEs by hand, I fully support the manual option.  You could
do both and compare the answers.

-tgs