Hi

I have mone quick question I am not quite familiar with, for generic
function plot, why some methods are marked by '*', I think plot(as.mcmc())
may dispatch the right method, I try to use get to view the function, but it
seems that get() only works for the one with no "*", e.g. get('plot.ecdf')

get('plot.mcmc*') doesn't work, why?

> methods('plot')
 [1] plot.acf*           plot.data.frame*    plot.Date*
 [4] plot.decomposed.ts* plot.default        plot.dendrogram*
 [7] plot.density        plot.ecdf           plot.factor*
[10] plot.formula*       plot.hclust*        plot.histogram*
[13] plot.HoltWinters*   plot.isoreg*        plot.lm
[16] plot.mcmc*          plot.mcmc.list*     plot.medpolish*
[19] plot.mlm            plot.POSIXct*       plot.POSIXlt*
[22] plot.ppr*           plot.prcomp*        plot.princomp*
[25] plot.profile.nls*   plot.shingle*       plot.spec
[28] plot.spec.coherency plot.spec.phase     plot.stepfun
[31] plot.stl*           plot.table*         plot.trellis*
[34] plot.ts             plot.tskernel*      plot.TukeyHSD

Thanks

Tengfei
2010/4/21 Uwe Ligges <lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>

> On 21.04.2010 20:31, Xiao D wrote:
>
>> Dear List members,
>> I am using R to generate MCMC time series plots.
>> This is the code I use; however, everytime an error message will come out
>> saying could not find function "plot.mcmc."
>> I have coda package and Lattice package installed.
>> Does anyone know what may get wrong here? Thanks so much for your
>> suggestions.
>> Hongli Li
>>

> Just say plot(mcmcobject)
>
> The plot generic should call the appropriate methode plot.mcmc that is
> hidden in the code namespace.
>
> Uwe Ligges
>

>> *library (coda)
>> dat1=read.csv("Itemtime.csv")