Paul wrote:

>> Hello
>>
>> I tried the odfWeave package today, by running the formatting.odt and
>> example.odt files that are included with the package.
>>
>> They both ran fine, but when I try to open them in my OpenOffice
>> (OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Kubuntu 9.10) I get an error "Format error
>> discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 1293,124(row,col)."
>>
>> I also tried to open them in MS Word 2003 (Windows XP) using the Sun
>> ODF plugin but this gave an error also.
>>
>> Am I trying to do something wrong ?  Any tips on debugging ?
>>
> Sorry, forgot the debugging info.  odfWeave v0_7.10 and R 2.10.1.  Any
> ideas appreciated.
> <snip>
I've tried updating the odfWeave to the latest version on my windows
box, with the same results (odt files can't be opened in Word or
OpenOffice Writer)

I also tried doing the same thing on my Kubuntu box (Kubuntu 9.10, R
2.10.1, odfWeave 0.7.11) and the output from all the example files work
fine, and can be opened in OpenOffice.

Is there a known problem with odfWeave on Windows?  I've seen some
messages on R-help from a year or two back where people couldn't install
the XML package, but XML installed fine on my Windows box (it was more
tricky on Kubuntu, but worked in the end).  Is there a way to test the
XML package on Windows ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul.