Max Kuhn wrote:
> I tried with this:
>
>  > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
> i386-pc-mingw32
> <snip>

> I didn't have any issues with the testcases.odt and examples.odt files.
>
> :-/
>

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Dieter Menne
> <dieter.me...@menne-biomed.de> wrote:
>
>> Paul Hurley wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a known problem with odfWeave on Windows?  I've seen some
>>> messages on R-help from a year or two back where people couldn't install
>>> the XML package, but XML installed fine on my Windows box (it was more
>>> tricky on Kubuntu, but worked in the end).
>>>

>> There was a problem with XML and odfWeave on Windows, probably you read one
>> of my posts. I normally use LateX, but I tried odfWeave and the examples
>> that failed at that time today with odfWeave_0.7.11 XML_2.8-1 , and it
>> worked.
>>
>> It would be helpful if you could prune your text to the smallest size that
>> shows the effect, and post it again; best put it on some web site for
>> download, since most attachments are not permitted on this list.

I've tried again, and still get the error.  I've posted the console
output and my input and output odt files on my websit, along with where
OpenOffice reports an error.

Console Output:
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/simplerverbose_console_output.txt

formatting Example File Output (Error at 1293,124)
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/formattingOut.odt

Simpler Input (odt file with one sexpr only)
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/simpler.odt
Simpler Output (error at 68,124)
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/simplerOut.odt

Simplest Input (odt file with no R at all)
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/simplest.odt
Simplest Output (error at 68,124)
www.paulhurley.co.uk/images/stories/R/simplestOut.odt

In each file the line that seems to be a problem is like this
    <text:list-level-style-bullet text:level="1"
text:style-name="Bullet_20_Symbols" style:num-suffix="."
text:bullet-char="?<U+009C><U+0094>" >

I assume the question mark is the problem, but don't know what causes
the question mark

I have also tried setting my R installation to a US locale instead of UK
(as Max reports his works, and the only difference is the locale) but
the US locale still produces files with this error.

I also checked that odfWeave seems to be using the zip.exe from the
RTools set.  This is v2.32 by Info-Zip.  I tried telling odfWeave to use
WinZip but I get the same issues. (and have no reason to blame zip).

Sorry about the rambling post, but I don't have a clue what to try next.

Regards

Paul.