You could also try using interactive graphics in iplots.  Linking from a
barchart of your binary response variable to your eight continuous predictors
in a parallel coordinate plot and to your four categorical predictors in some
form of mosaicplot could be very informative.

Graphics are not necessarily the method of choice to select your predictor
variables, as Frank Harrell has pointed out.  It is also sensible not to rely
on modelling alone.  Graphic displays can help you better understand your data
and models.  The two approaches are complementary.

Antony Unwin
University of Augsburg
Germany