On 05/12/2010 03:33 PM, Shi, Tao wrote:
Hi Ista,

Thanks for the reply!

You actually misunderstood me.  I never objected the "tmp<- latex(x)" method
(in fact, that's what I'm doing now in my .Rnw file).  As I stated in my original post, I'm
simply curious about what causes the error window and wanted to get to the bottom of it.

...Tao

Not clear why the earlier suggestion someone made to use latex(object, file='') is not the method of choice with Sweave.

Frank

=====================================

If you would rather have a
separate file for your table you can continue to
use your original method,
e.g.,
<<>>=
tmp<- latex(x,
file="x.tex")
@
\include{x.tex}

(not sure what your objection to
this was in the first place).

-Ista

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine