Dear Everyone,

I 've just begun to use the library ncdf and I would like to compare
meteorological observational data with forecast data, so to make verification.
The netcdf files I'm using contain data of many different parameters in many
different stations.  I could read easily that I needed, but naturally I do not
need the data of all the stations. On the other hand, the order of the stations
is not the same in the observation files and in the forecast files.

Let's take that I have a list of those stations (with station numbers) where I
would like to make the verification. I read the observations in all the
possible stations and I receive a data.frame (first column with the station
numbers, second column with - let' say - the temperature data...and naturally
we can have more columns with different parameters). I make the same with the
forecast data, as I wrote the orders of the station numbers in the two dataset
are different, and naturally there are some stations that you can find in one
data.frame but not in the other.

How could I make (or rewrite) my two data.frames (observation and forecast),
where the first coulumn is totally the same as in the station list (even the
order of the stations)??

For example, I have this data.frame as obsesrvation:

12866   14.4

12844   14.1

12843   16.5
12860   14.9
12851    9.8

12846   15.3

...and  have this data.frame as forecast:

12830   12.808611
12836   12.725081
12843   15.241580
12844   15.185887
12846   13.723515
12851    8.498717
12860   15.715260
12866   14.262023
12870   12.968392

...and my list of the stations I needed

12836
12843
12846
12860
12870

Thank you very much for your help or suggestions in advance!

Gabriella Csima

csim...@met.hu