Hi folks, recently I was trying evaluation of some complex function having
exactly same starting values as well as same algorithm in both R and .Net
environment. However at the end point I notice that there are some
differences in the reported figures from those two applications (as much as
0.10%). I feel this is basically due to consideration of different
significance digits in handling floating point numbers between R and .Net.
Therefore I want to fix the number of digits that should be there after "."
in each and every calculations in R. For example suppose I am multiplying
two numbers : 18.456 and 20.345. Ideally it should come as 375.48732.
However I want R to consider only 2 significant digits i.e. 18.46 & 20.35
and reports 375.66 and should consider this trimmed value for subsequent
calculations.It would be good if there is any possibility to define such
behavior once at the beginning of my R-session.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks,