Hi Christofer,

I don't know what .Net is doing, but for R these globals are dependent on
your machine and platform.
?.Machine
?.Platform

Don't know if you can actually hack R into believing otherwise.

Did you consider the possibility that the underlying algorithms differ
between .Net and R?
Cheers
Joris

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Christofer Bogaso <
bogaso.christo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks, recently I was trying evaluation of some complex function having
> exactly same starting values as well as same algorithm in both R and .Net
> environment. However at the end point I notice that there are some
> differences in the reported figures from those two applications (as much as
> 0.10%). I feel this is basically due to consideration of different
> significance digits in handling floating point numbers between R and .Net.
> Therefore I want to fix the number of digits that should be there after "."
> in each and every calculations in R. For example suppose I am multiplying
> two numbers : 18.456 and 20.345. Ideally it should come as 375.48732.
> However I want R to consider only 2 significant digits i.e. 18.46 & 20.35
> and reports 375.66 and should consider this trimmed value for subsequent
> calculations.It would be good if there is any possibility to define such
> behavior once at the beginning of my R-session.
>
> Is there any way to do that?
>
> Thanks,

Joris Meys
Statistical Consultant