Dear Mailing List,

If I wanted a data set of twenty standard normal results, I would type:

x<-rnorm(20)

If I then wanted to make all the negative results in that data set to be
listed as zero I would then type in:

x[x<0]<-0

However, I now want to discard the values that are zero, but I want to know
which values out of the original data set which I truncated to zeros I
discarded. How is the best way of doing this? Do I use match(x,0) /
(1:length(x))[x==0] ? How do I discard the values as well as wanting the
original data set values. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

James Hutton

        [[alternate HTML version deleted]]