Stephen Ellner schrieb:

I think an additional problem is that the derivatives function must be 'told' where to 'look' in y for the values of R, C, and P that are used to compute Rprime,Cprime, Pprime - it has no way of
'knowing' that the model's state vector y consists of
the variables (R,C,P). Appended below is an example of code
that works to solve a similar system of equations. Perhaps it might be useful to add something like that to the ?lsoda page?

I think the ?lsoda page is still large enough, but there are some preliminary examples on my homepage:

http://www.tu-dresden.de/fghhihb/petzoldt/modlim/src/

e.g. "chemostat.R" or "blasius*.R". Furthermore, I am playing around with a small package with a collection of ecological models and I would be interested if there are some other people who are interested using R as a simulation platform in ecological modelling.

Thomas Petzoldt

-- Thomas Petzoldt Dresden University of Technology Institute of Hydrobiology [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01062 Dresden

http://www.tu-dresden.de/fghhihb/petzoldt/